There’s laundry list of meetings that Walmart and Related Companies have skipped around the city, according to the Walmart Free New York coalition:
- Walmart skipped multiple public hearings held by the New York City Council in 2011
- Related Companies agreed to discuss its Gateway II proposal with the East New York Community Board, only to cancel 20 minutes before the meeting was slated to start.
- Related Companies refused to meet with community leaders on multiple occasions – not responding to multiple requests via letter and in-person visit.
- Walmart held a secret meeting in Brooklyn and refused to allow councilmembers and members of the community board to attend.
- Walmart CEO and company board members won’t grant a meeting with their own associates, even after asked multiple times by OUR Walmart members.
New Yorkers are, once again, disappointed and angry at Walmart. Read the full story.